Reports to:Head Of Input and Agronomy
Tulaa is an award – winning for-profit technology start-up that is disrupting the agriculture sector in Africa. We are a marketplace for small-scale farmers to access inputs on credit and buyers at harvest time. Our vision is to become the leading marketplace driving rural commerce in Africa.
Account Managers play a vital role in the growth of our input sales. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with agro-vet retailers onto our platform-and on-boarding new retailers – to sell quality inputs on credit to small-scale farmers. We are looking for people who has a proven record of success in increasing sales in rural markets, understands the science of farming, cares equally about profit and social impact, and is excited to join an early stage, fast growing start-up.
About the Role
- Acquire and retain farmers as input customers through multiple channels, especially independent agro-vet retail shops as a key channel for sales of inputs on credit
- Achieve or exceed monthly and/or quarterly sales targets and KPIs
- Promote Tulaa and its offerings via farmer field days, ASK shows, meetings with farmer groups, and other channels as required
- Recruit and manage reliable Lead Farmers as low-cost commissioned agents to sell inputs on credit through our platform
- Manage retailer-distributor-brand owner relationships to ensure on-time delivery of inputs every time
- Manage all retailers for sales growth and partner satisfaction.
- Identify quality inputs to offer farmers on our platform based on best practices in agronomy, growing conditions for farmers on our platform, and availability and affordability of product in the market.
- Work closely with Credit on the timely delivery of affordable input credit through the multiple channels.
- Collaborate across the company to ensure a seamless user experience from inputs and credit through to advisory and market linkage
- Systematically collect customer feedback – through qualitative and quantitative methods -on inputs provided, farm-level results and customer satisfaction
- Contribute to raising the bar across the company in terms of performance, reliability, EQ and grit
- Diploma in agronomy or related field required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in rural sales with a proven record of increasing sales over time
- Alignment with our core values, which are Get Your Boots Muddy, Do the Right Thing, Act Like an Owner, Be Passionate and Persistent, and Go Farther Together.
- Passion for poverty alleviation and/or using technology for good.
- Process and data driven -process flows, KPIs and metrics make you happy.
- Empathetic leader-your EQ is at least as high as your IQ.
- The fast (sometimes chaotic) pace of a start-up environment is your comfort zone.
- Fluency in Swahili required; fluency in another local Kenyan language strongly preferred.
Tulaa is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages diversity of gender, race, age, political affiliation, physical ability and/or sexual orientation.
To learn more about the position and the company, visit Tulaa.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com .The application should be sent on or before 9th November 2018.