|Title: DevOps Engineer
||Job Type: Full-time
Summary of Role
Tulaa is an exciting tech start-up that is disrupting the agriculture sector across Africa. We build and deploy technology to level the playing field for buyers and sellers by lowering the cost and risk of transacting with smallholder farmers. Through our platform, farmers can access financial services, discounted agricultural inputs, information and markets for their crops, all via their feature phone. Our vision is to become the leading virtual marketplace for rural buyers and sellers in Africa.
Tulaa DevOps Engineer will be responsible for software builds and deployment of applications in our company. As a part of this role, you will be critical in coming up with new and innovative solutions for building and deployment of applications developed in the company.
Tulaa was incubated inside of Esoko, an award-winning tech company that pioneered the use of mobile technology to deliver vital information to smallholder farmers. Following a successful spin-off in 2017, Tulaa has since been expanding quickly in Kenya.
- Manage the deployment of code and applications built by Tulaa Engineers.
- Specifically accountable for the Software team’s deployment pipeline, process and procedures, including documentation, recommendations and improvements to existing processes and procedures.
- Implementing automation of build and deployment procedures in-line with the agile methodology the Software Team works with.
- Oversight over our development Infrastructure both Severed and Serverless with adherence to AWS / Azure standards
- Implement and maintain code deployment tools and environments (Dev, Test and Staging) and work cross-functionally with QA and Product to coordinate general and off-cycle releases.
- Network operations and System Admin responsibilities to include debugging, testing and troubleshooting Office and Call Centre System Hardware and Software and related dependencies.
- Other tasks that may be assigned in the company.
Skills and Qualifications
- Team player with excellent collaboration, open communication skills.
- At least 2 years’ experience in DevOps functions and source code management.
- Solid experience in Cloud/AWS functions with excellent deployment experience of Java, Web and mobile(Android) applications.
- Experience in using Jenkins, CodeDeploy, Bamboo and MS Azure Services will be an added advantage.
- Strong grasp of automation tools.
- Immaculate attention to detail and dedication to coherency.
- Cope with pressure and extend periods of high workload. Remains calm under adverse circumstances, while still being able to manage priorities and tasks
- Hands-on approach in executing tasks.
- Must be honest and have integrity.
- Must take ownership and responsibility for every task assigned.
- Be passionate about social impact and improvement of the livelihoods of small holder farmers.
We actively promote diversity, creativity, and professionalism in the workplace. To learn more about the position and the company, visit Tulaa.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com on or before 19th October 2018.