Reports to:Head Of Input and Agronomy
Tulaa is an award-winning for-profit technology start-up that is disrupting the agriculture sector in Africa. We are a marketplace for small-scale farmers to access inputs on credit and buyers at harvest time. Our vision is to become the leading marketplace driving rural commerce in Africa.
Loan Officers plan a vital role in assessing the creditworthiness of farmers and in maintaining a very high-quality loan book. You will engage directly with farmers to ensure they understand the product well and repay on time. We are looking for people who have some experience in credit operations but want to break the mould of how credit is delivered to small-scale farmers, care equally about profit and social impact, and are excited to join an early stage, fast growing start-up.
About the Role
- Work closely with Tulaa Account Managers, Call Center Agents and participating agro-vet retailers to educate farmers on relevant terms and policies related to Tulaa Credit.
- Assess the creditworthiness of farmers for input loans using a range of evaluation techniques.
- Make recommendations to the Credit team based on data you have collected.
- Explain to farmers who are not approved the rationale for the decision.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as the laws of Kenya.
- Ensure timely repayment of all loans in your portfolios, following all loan recovery processes.
- Achieve or exceed monthly and/or quarterly sales targets and KPIs.
- Proactively help customers by answering questions and responding to requests.
- Maintain trust with the customer by keeping loan information confidential.
- Collaborate across the company to ensure a seamless user experience from inputs and credit through to advisory and market linkage
- Systematically collect customer feedback – through qualitative and quantitative methods- on inputs provided, farm-level results and customer satisfaction
- Promote Tulaa and its offerings in collaboration with Account Managers and others via farmer field days, ASK shows, meetings with farmer groups, and other channels as required
- Continuously build your own skills by keeping informed about trends in the industry, reading professional publications, etc.
- Contribute to raising the bar across the company in terms of performance, reliability, EQ and grit.
- Diploma in Finance, Economics, Business or related field required;Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of experience as a loan officer in rural markets in Kenya strongly preferred.
- Alignment with our core values, which are Get Your Boots Muddy, Do the Right Thing, Act Like an Owner, Be Passionate and Persistent, and Go Farther Together.
- Passion for poverty alleviation and/or using technology for good.
- Process and data driven – process flows, KPIs and metrics make you happy.
- Empathetic leader -your EQ is at least as high as your IQ
- The fast (sometimes chaotic) pace of a start-up environment is your comfort zone.
- Fluency in Swahili required; fluency in another local Kenyan language strongly preferred Kikamba.
Tulaa is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages diversity of gender, race, age, political affiliation, physical ability and/or sexual orientation. To learn more about the position and the company, visit Tulaa.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.The application should be sent on or before 9th November 2018.